Monday, August 08, 2011

Kanrocksas























I loved Kanrocksas. My notes are included in the coverage here and here. The best part of the fledgling festival? Excellent sound. The bar for outdoor productions in the Kansas City area has been raised. My ten favorite performances of the weekend:
1. A Perfect Circle
2. The Black Keys
3. The Flaming Lips
4. Doomtree
5. Best Coast
6. Fitz & The Tantrums
7. Kid Cudi
8. Ween
9. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
10. STS9

---
Even though Kanrocksas was a good time, nothing I heard at the festival was as electrifying as My Morning Jacket's performance last Wednesday at The Uptown Theater. Here's my review.

---
Until I read it in an obituary, I never knew that Gene McDaniels was born in Kansas City.

---
I'm just as excited about Watch the Throne as anyone. Even so, I completely respect Chuck D's diss track "Notice- Know This".

---
Kansas City Click: Abel Ramirez plays the former Gold Buffet on Tuesday.

Mike Dillon joins Snuff Jazz Wednesday at Grunauer.

Hospital Ships joins Cowboy Indian Bear at The Brick on Wednesday.

(Original image of an A Perfect Circle fan's t-shirt by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: