Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Review: Quixotic Fusion

















I guess I'm a little slow. I'd seen Quixotic Fusion several times, but it wasn't until Sunday's free show at Crossroads KC that I understood the significance of the music and performance troupe. Hippies, punk rockers, theater people, suits, children and geezers were awestruck by Sunday's display. (It looked and sounded a lot like this.) I'm immune to Quixotic Fusion's charms, but it's finally apparent to me that the Kansas City collective is at the vanguard of fulfilling the heightened expectations of today's audiences.

---
I've seen Lil Wayne perform four or five times now. Last night's performance was my favorite. Here's my review.

---
Bill Frisell has a John Lennon cover band. Listen here.

---
The Leopards' Kansas City Slickers album has been reissued on vinyl. "Dancing In the Snow" is pretty amazing. (Tip via FP.)

---
Race Riot Suite, the forthcoming album by Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, will find a spot in my year-end top ten list. I posted a miniature review at Plastic Sax.

---
A new Connie Smith album? Heck yes!

---
I realize that Nick Ashford and Jerry Leiber have died, but i just can't deal with those losses right now.

---
Kansas City Click: Strange but true- Diamond Head performs at Knuckleheads on Tuesday.

Hidden Pictures are on the bill at The Brick on Wednesday.

I suspect that my favorite Steely Dan song will be played Thursday at Starlight Theater.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

1 comment:

mike t. said...

heard a song off of the Race Riot Suite on KKFI. sounded really cool. looking forward to hearing more from it.