Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: Kindred the Family Soul- Love Has No Recession











Kindred the Family Soul- "Sticking With You" video stream

I derive more pleasure from Rihanna's pop songs than a teenager. I freely whip my hair back and forth. Yet I reluctantly acknowledge my status as an adult. That's why I embrace Kindred the Family Soul. Love Has No Recession, the new album by the husband-and-wife duo, is music for grownups. Its songs address real-life relationship issues in the context of today's economic climate. Anyone who's still lamenting the loss of Nick Ashford needs this album in her or her life.


---
I'm a sucker for bluegrass-meets-jazz and bluegrass-meets-classical collaborations. I'm charmed, consequently, by the Goat Herd Sessions.

---
Pete Rugolo has died. (Tip via BGO.)

---
I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I really enjoy the new Pearl Jam album.

---
"Still Tippin'": Have you seen this slice of insanity from ASAP Rocky?

---
Kansas City Click: Milagres plays the Riot Room on Tuesday.

Kim Richey sings at the Record Bar on Wednesday.

Mayer Hawthorne is on Thursday bill at the Midland Theater. I love the concept of this video.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

7 comments:

Gary said...

Reading the Pearl Jam 20 book. Pretty good.

bgo said...

I see my favorite DC artist, Chuck Brown makes a cameo on the new Kindred the Family Soul.

Happy In Bag said...

I was never down with PJ, Gary, but the vintage live tracks are really compelling.

Chuck Brown and Snoop Dogg, BGO. That's right in my wheelhouse.

Mr Gallo said...

Speaking of "I can't believe" albums,I was suprised by the latest from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. (Oh god, that name)

Happy In Bag said...

RHCP is an atrocious name. Even worse than Kindred the Family Soul.

Unknown said...

I want really bad to see the Pearl Jam 20 movie!! I heard about it, but haven't gotten the chance yet...

Awesome blog! Interested in partnering with mine (www.guitartrump.com) to raise your follower count? http://www.guitartrump.com/2011/10/attention-music-bloggers-two-days-left.html

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Alex
www.guitartrump.com

Gary said...

Guitar Trump, KCPT is showing Pearl Jam 20 Friday and Saturday night. Libraries like the Johnson County will have the DVD in circulation too.