Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Surface Noise at Ink's Middle of the Map Fest


I don't share the musical sensibilities of the organizers of Ink's Middle of the Map Fest.  That doesn't mean that I couldn't find plenty to enjoy last weekend.  I caught at least two sets at each of the event's six stages in the 17 hours I logged at the festival.  All of my favorite performances, however, took place at the Riot Room.  Here's the top five:


Some of my commentary is incorporated into reports here and here.


---
Your Friend's session for KJHK at the KU Natural History Museum is impressive. 

---
I ponder Mike Dillon's Band of Outsiders at Plastic Sax.

---
Wayne Henderson of the Jazz Crusaders has died.

---
Atmosphere's "Kanye West" is a bit disappointing.

---
The European piano trio Phronesis is doing interesting things.

---
Dave Koz's rendition of the "Game of Thrones" theme has gone viral.

---
B.B. King's performances continue to deteriorate.

---
Kansas City Click: My official picks are published here.

(Original image of James Dewees by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: